Saturday, October 18, 2008

Our loss is Heaven's gain. :(



As most of you know, my mom has suffered with a brain tumor for the last year. She is suffering no more. My dear, sweet mother passed away this morning in her sleep. That is how we wanted it. So many of you already know how great a woman she was(is) but I just can't explain how truly unique she was. She made everyone she met or came in contact with feel like they were the most important person in the room. She touched so many people here in Utah in such a short amount of time. Person after person would come up to me an tell me how much they love my mother. More than one person has come up to me with tears in their eyes expressing their love and appreciation for my mother. Those of you in Grants Pass understand this but those in Utah didn't know her as her fun, exciting, loving self. There were glimpses but she was never really herself here in Utah. The nurses at the Huntsman Center loved her as well. One nurse was talking to the hospice nurse about mom and she started crying saying she had never felt that way about a patient before and expressed how great she was. She truly was. I love her so much. She looked so beautiful today when I saw her in her bed after she had passed. Such a beautiful woman inside and out. Our loss is truly heavens gain. She will be such an assett to Heavenly Father and those she will be teaching the gospel to. There are souls up there that only my mother will be able to reach. I know Vance, my grandpa, Uncle Doug, Uncle Bob, Aunt Sherri, and other loved ones met her there and gave her such a huge hug. I'm not sure the doctrine here, but it could be possible that Heavenly Father was there waiting as well with such a big smile on his face. "Well Done thy good and faithful Servent". I love you mom more than you will ever know. Out of the billions that have lived on this earth from the beginning of time, how was I so lucky to have the mom that I did. What are the odds? Why was I so blessed. What a perfect woman who proved her love of the savior and the gospel. She truly loved it and lived it. Families can be together forever. I know this to be true. I can't wait to be with you again someday Mom. I will do my best to be who I need to be do be where you are when I die. I will do the best I can to find a good wife who you would like and who has many of the same qualities you do. I love you mom.

The funeral will be Saturday, October 25th at the Highland West Stake Center.
11605 N 6000 W
HIGHLAND , UT 84003

The viewing is from 9-10:45 A.M. and the funeral service is at 11:00 A.M. She will be buried in the Providence, Utah City Cemetary.

8 comments:

Shalyse said...

oh neil...this is such a beautiful tribute to your mom! I know she always felt your love! You are an awesome son, who would drop ANYTHING to go over just to be with her or help her with a home project. She sure loved that yard you helped put in! :-)

I feel so lucky and blessed just to have had her for a Mother-in-law, but you got her as your MOM! That shows what a great man you are! You are so much like her...and that's a GREAT thing! :-)

I love that you talked about how everyone loved her. they did! EVERYONE who ever even met her just loved her. well, how could you not?

we can't hardly stand ot not be out there with you all. Please give your Dad lots of extra hugs from all of us...and give your self a big ole hug too!

love you guys!! XOXO!

Rich and Tyra said...

We love you guys! You are all in our thoughts and prayers!!!

Mama Mia said...

This is a beautiful heart felt tribute! We are sending you our love and prayers!

Jamielyn said...

Neil, that was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes all at the same time! I just want you to know that even though it was just a short time of knowing your mom, I absolutely fell in love with her! She was so sweet and just made me feel so welcome and loved. I would love to stop by the viewing but actually have prior plans. Is there somewhere I could at least send a little something to? Please let me know, and I will keep your family in my prayers!

Unknown said...

Callee and I love Aunt Linda, and will miss her. We are thinking of all of you Olsons.

Marcee said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all of your family... take care. Your mom is one of the most wonderful women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. She is in good hands now, as you know, and still surrounded by loved ones. Give your dad a big hug for me... I love that man...

Anonymous said...

My name is Jack Griffiths. Bill was one of my Seminary teacher's in Grants Pass. They were just a young family at that time with only two or three children. Even as a youth, I appreciated Bill and Linda. My wife has been battling Lung Cancer for the last two and a half years so I know what the last year must have been like. Please give my love to your dad. (I think he will remember me. My parents are Bob and Norma Griffiths) He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Rich Vial said...

Love to the family from Rich and Paula Vial